Sunday, March 7, 2010

Casiopea

Who cares... just have fun with it...

This morning is all about rediscovering the insanely slept on and equally talented Japanese jazz fusion band, Casiopea. I don't remember where I was or how I even heard of these guys, but apparently, I had stumbled across something good.

Listening to a live version of 'Swear' http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmyZ8PpRdmg as I write this, I remember summertime drunkenness. Forties and subway rides into Manhattan for music and bar hopping with a friend (who shall remain nameless) which would always equal hilarity and in most cases insane foolishness. Shit, we made the New York Times for swimming in the fountain of Washington Square Park one night; drunk out of our minds, swimming in circles during a heatwave and heckling tourists to join us; I think I even called one girl a pussy for not jumping in. It's a miracle we didn't get arrested.

So yeah, Casiopea is dope. They have released over two dozen albums, maybe closer to three, which can make finding treats quite a mission. Personally, not every album is for me, and in reality there are only a handful of songs I listen to. Now go forth and find some Casipoean gold, it may be a hit and miss process, but the rewards can be huge.

No comments:

Post a Comment