Tuesday, March 9, 2010

I'm still learning

The birds told me to wake up this morning. Laying in bed, doing some half-assed stretches, I thought about a mix I made many moons ago and remembered an ill cover of Birds In My Tree. I'm almost certain it's a Strawberry Alarm Clock cover, but The Buttons deliver an outstanding effort with this version.


In other news, since the musical half of this blog is rather short, I'd like to shine a little light on The Maxx. Created by Sam Kieth, The Maxx was a dope comic that was released back when Image Comics was still fairly new. It was abstract, unique, beautifully written and the artwork alone was worth the $1.95 an issue. The story is deep, bizarre, completely original, spiritual and intriguingly confusing. There's a lot more to be said about Sam Kieth, and the Maxx but tonight isn't going to be the night I do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment