Thursday, June 16, 2011

This is Probably a First Installment

I think the weather might have something to do with the amount of personal play A Tribe Called Quest has been getting. I don’t know, I think it’s the motivation that both the music and the sunshine bring out in us. It’s a bit crazy when you think of these external forces that shape our daily thoughts and rhythms. Seasons, weather, music from the birds in the trees and the music from a group of talented emcees, it is all synonymous with feeling good. I love the production from ATCQ. They were always full of soulful energy and inspirational gifts that came together ….blablaba…. here are some fresh samples…. Cause that’s where all this shit is headed.

This one is probably my favorite. Forget the sample to ‘Sucka Nigga,’ this whole song is unbelievable. Mark Murphy’s voice delivers in a stellar performance and the song writing is impeccable, as far as I’m concerned. This song has really grown on me since recently hearing it, and its guys like Mark Murphy that make me realize that there are better things out there.

Sucka Nigga

No comments:

Post a Comment